Here is a recent interview I did with up and coming author, Paul Hayden. He is gifted with amazing talent, whether in the form of poetry or prose. He has just begun this journey we authors face, trying to get a book published. He is currently working on a book of poetry. I hope you all enjoy the interview.
1. When did you first get the writing bug?
To be honest I first became interested by way of punishment, I was a smart mouthed little sod at school and my English teacher decided detention was the best way to deal with me.
I had to write a story about regret then a poem…….it became my favourite subject and needless to say I behaved from then on!
2. What authors and books did you like while growing up and how did they influence you?
Believe it or not I’m not a big reader, I’ve always been a comic book fan and now own over 6,000 which I understand makes me a geek. I did like reading Roald Dahl as a child though.
3. Who do you like to read now?
Lots and lots of comic books!
4. What inspires you to write and why?
My children and wife most certainly do, they’re fantastic!
I do listen to various music while I write, depending on what I’m writing depends on the music……classical to thrash metal!!
5. Do you belong to any writing groups?
I belong to online groups through Facebook and other sites like Triond……a great community out there.
6. What kind of things do you like to write about?
Whatever’s in my head comes out, I don’t really have a “genre.”
If it comes out funny or sad or poo your pants scary then its supposed too.
7. What kind of support do you have in your life that helps you keep writing?
Goes back to my family and friends, have made some amazing friends around the world through writing.
8. What do you do when or if you get writers’ block?
Either walk away from my writing for a day or get really really frustrated……grrrrrrr!!
9. Have you taken any classes in writing?
I was doing a course from home but due to the reality that is the day job I struggled to keep up with that as well as write my book…….I decided to concentrate on my book and online work, I stand by my decision. 🙂
10. Where can readers read some of your work?
Well they can either contact me on Facebook and check my group “The Life and Mind of ME” or on Twitter.